Acceptable Use Policy
Terms and conditions for users of and content providers to this site (greenhithe.org.nz)
In general, you may NOT use this site:
- In a manner which violates any law;
- In a manner which is defamatory, fraudulent, indecent, offensive
- To threaten, harass, abuse or intimidate others;
- To damage the name or reputation of locallywired.com, its customers, community partners or it’s affiliates;
- To break security on any computer network, or to access an account which does not belong to you; or
- In a manner which interferes with other customers' use and enjoyment of the services provided by this or other web site .
For registered members, users and customers
- Content published must not be unlawful, obscene, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libellous, or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, national or international law.
- Pornographic or potentially objectionable material of any kind is not to be published, posted or linked to
- No content including text, images or photographs may be published if it will violate copyright
- You are responsible for protecting the password used for login. Any activity under that account is the responsibility of the registering individual or group.
- Unless otherwise stated by the content owner, content on this site may be published, edited, repurposed, renamed or re-published to another web site by the Site Owner
- The Site Owner offers no guarantees of web site availability or life span of the web site or content. The Site Owner takes no responsibility for losses or damages as a result of downtime, data loss, hacking or other incident. You should maintain your own backups of data posted to the web site.
- No 3rd party advertising material (including sponsor logos) may be posted without the written permission of the site owner. Typically, this will involve a fee.
- You may not attempt to diminish another user's listing by posting defamatory comments unless there is a defensible basis for such comment.
- You may only place bona fide listings in the classifieds. You may only place one advertisement per item or service advertised. You may only list classified items in relevant categories. More than three categories per item or service is regarded as excessive.
- You should only attach relevant keywords to a content item.
- You may not use the site to send unsolicited emails
- You may not use email address listings to send unsolicited emails to that address about a different subject matter
- You may not post unsolicited commercial material to any discussion forums, unless it is within the scope of the content items or discussion forum. As an example, posting links to pornographic web sites is no acceptable.
Remedies available to the site owner include:
- editing or removal of offending content
- written or verbal warnings
- suspension of the Member's posting privileges
- suspension of the Member's account
- termination of the Member's account
- billing the Member for administrative and/or legal costs
- disclosing information about the member or visitor who is in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy to the Police or to other authorities or any other party for the purposes of pursuing action against the offending party
- bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations.
- All activity on the website is logged and is traceable to the user's network address (IP address) as is standard practice with all web servers. Some non-personal information is passed on by the user's browser
- Activity undertaken while logged in is traceable to the user
- Email addresses are retained within the system. Controls are in place to ensure that email addresses cannot be discovered by external systems. Subscriptions to email newsletters are by double opt-in. Users can unsubscribe at any time with a one-step process
- No credit card details are retained or recorded