Greenhithe Community Hall & Old School Building
7 & 13A Greenhithe Road, Greenhithe, Auckland 0632
Contact: Michelle Heald: email@example.com 021 763499. Emergency Contact: 111
Owner’s Agent: Greenhithe Residents Association Inc. (Hall Committee)
Note: the Halls are not available for teenage or 21st Birthday functions – no exceptions.
The hirer and / or booker (hirer) agrees to hire the Hall on the date and time shown, subject to the following conditions. It is deemed the hirer has accepted these conditions, when paying for their event(s).
The maximum capacity of the Greenhithe Community Hall is 150 people.
- Bookings for the Halls will not be confirmed unless and until the Hire Fees and Bond (where applicable) are paid. Payment is to be made at the time of booking and is to be by direct credit to the GRA bank account unless other arrangements have been agreed to.
- Cancellations and refunds are in accordance with the following Policy:
Cancellation more than 4 weeks before the event 100% refund
Cancellation 2 – 4 weeks before the event 50% refund
Cancellation within 2 weeks of the event No refund
- The Hirer is totally responsible for returning Hall facilities and exterior to the state they were in (if not better) prior to hiring. All rubbish must be removed from the site.
- Confetti; please DO NOT USE confetti or glitter as it is hard to remove from floor.
- Pins; please DO NOT USE pins, nails, sellotape or staple guns to fix decorations to the walls.
- Decorations; please remove all decorations from Hall after use.
- Any damage or loss to the Halls’ furniture, fittings or facilities incurred during the hire period, and costs of cleaning shall be reimbursed to the Hall Committee before return of the bond, or it will be deducted from the bond. Any damage costs beyond the bond will be charged to and paid for by the client directly. All repairs must be completed within 7 days.
- All functions must finish and Hall vacated by 1am the following day of the hire date, unless agreed otherwise at time of booking. Please be mindful that there are residents’ homes situated around the Halls.
- The bond shall only be returned to the hirer if all conditions are fulfilled.
- In the event that the hirer wishes to serve or to allow attendees to bring their own alcohol to be consumed during the hire period, it is the hirer’s sole responsibility to obtain the necessary licences.
- The hirer must make their own provisions for any event where First Aid is required.
- Use of any flammable or other dangerous materials for decorations, smoke making machines etc. in the Halls** must have written approval of the Hall Committee. (Refer #15 below)
- After the function, it is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that all power appliances, lights and taps are turned off and all the windows and doors are securely closed and locked. The key must be returned to the key safe at the conclusion of the function unless otherwise arranged.
- The hirer acknowledges a responsibility to ensure there will be no excessive noise, anti-social behaviour or similar disturbances to the neighbourhood during the function.
- **Greenhithe Community Hall, Fire Alarm System.
The Community Hall has a Fire, Smoke, Heat Detection and Alarm System installed. The kitchen area has a heat sensor only and the rest of the rooms in the Hall have smoke sensors.
It is essential that the following cautions and procedures are followed by all Community Hall users.
- Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Hall.
- Smoke making machines, barbecues or similar are not allowed in any area of the Hall.
- All cooking is to be confined to the kitchen or outside areas.
N.B. Should the alarm system be activated due to non-compliance or inappropriate activity, the Hirer(s) will be liable for all consequential expenses.
A call-out during normal working hours will cost $200.00, for after-hours, $360.00. All prices include G.S.T..
If the Fire Service attends, the cost is likely to be over $1,000.00.